Friday 2 March 2012

Review of 2 month study period Jan and Feb

Current study status: I'm a member of DeucesCracked and LeggoPoker


I'm studying my way through PNLHM by Ed Miller - this is the eBook I take with me on my daily walk to McDonalds for time-out and a cappucino. Some of my best study times have occurred there and during my walk home, it's been great thinking about and really getting the whole idea of pot and bet sizing down pat.


During the last two months I've especially been focusing on understanding hand reading, understanding ABC poker, and understanding the role that pot control and bet sizing play.


I've focused on understanding ranges in relation to player types, and in relation to board texture, and also in relation to bet sizes, pot sizes, and street. Basically there is a relationship between these and understanding this in terms of ratios will help a player with their strategic lines and hand as a whole from pre-flop through each street to river showdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment