Monday 26 March 2012

Bluffing analogy - like a tax rate or retail markup

Have just thought of a really apt analogy for bluffing - it's like a tax rate or retail markup. So if I think of my game as a low bluff game, I would expect more turnover, as in a low taxation market economy, the market responds by spending more with me but I earn less, or like a retail shop but I make less money.
Bluffing pads out my game. A Nitty player only earns on his premium hands. But a LAG bluffer open raising with a wider range has his bluffing range markup. How much markup he puts on his game determines his earning potential, but too much markup / bluffs can hinder or freeze his earning potential. 
So how much I want to add to my game depends on my bluff markup; a range of 20% - 33% would mean a bluffing range from 1 in 5, 1 in 4, to 1 in 3 hands.
I'd probably start off at 1 in 5 and move to 1 in 4 hands as my game improves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment