Sunday 19 February 2012

Facebook Sit-n-go's and Deucescracked

I've joined  www.deucescracked.com  poker training site and the first series I have begun watching is Andrew "BelugaWhale" Seidman coaching the lovely Cristy Arnett who's blog is www.snaptress.com and who works for www.Pokernews.com. Andrew's first goal for Kristy is to instill in her an ABC solid poker mindset. He questions a number of Kristy's open raise calls such as 76o and K8o. It's interesting because a number of her open calls are similar to my range. What's difficult is that I'm not sure of the balance I need to attain. Do I become tighter, or do I stay somewhat loose. It's particularly when I fold out a speculative hand only to see the flop give me a set and the winning hand was a pair, or to see my mucked hand flop two pair, again higher than the winning hand. Sometimes my intuition is correct, at least most of the time, but on occasions I've seen about three folded hands of mine flop a monster winning hand and the pot has been stacked multi-ways. It's frustrating when this happens.


I'm developing my reads playing sit-n-goes which I like playing, especially at the end stages where only two or three remain, typically the better players whom I'm getting better practice against. There are so many loose players at the beginning stages who go all in with crazy crap holdings like J8o. Just stupid calls.


Anyway my reads are getting better. I look at the board and compare their play to pre-flop calls raises and so for example against a rainbow polarized boards I know they've either flopped a high KQ or a pair, or possibly even a speculative suited connector, but when contrasted with the board I know more or less where I stand and can play accordingly. 


My recent leak where I was knowingly giving away hands whilst knowing what my opponent was holding has been reduced. I know it has something to do with fear of competing and winning. This is irrational and I know I have no need to be so fearful of winning against others. 


Another reaction I've felt is that when I start winning hands and when sit-n-go's reach the end stages my heart starts thumping and get an almighty adrenaline rush. This is another symptom I believe of being fearful of winning. It's probably been a long time since I have truly been competitive against others, and so I simply need to become more used to winning again and enjoying the competitive nature of the game. It will come with time. At least I'm aware of my reactions and can track my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment