Thursday 16 February 2012

Facebook Zynga poker and hand reading practise



Have been playing some Facebook Zynga poker (don't laugh) every day so as to practice my hand reading and apply what I've been studying in the various books and forums.



Have played some sit-n-go's and I've found a weakness in my game play - as I near the end where only 1 or 2 other players remain, I have noticed a tendency I have to give a hand away, knowing the card they're holding beats mine, and yet doing it all the same. A weak killer instinct and lack of applying myself to follow through with the coup d'etat. I did it once yesterday when I and  other were the two remaining players, and again today where I knew I had the 2nd best hand yet still gave it away. It's something I'm gonna have to close, this leak. I must learn to focus through for the win till the end. My sit-n--go stats are at 10% win rate, and I know I can improve if I tighten up my focus onto winning the hand and not knowingly giving hands away. Whether I'm being 'nice' to the other player or what I'm not sure yet - I think I will work on closing this leak up for sure though. It can't be knowingly allowed to continue.


Have finished reading Ed Miller's How to read hands at NLHM for the second time - after this time through somewhat more of what went right over the top of my head is starting to make sense. I believe this book is probably aimed at someone with somewhat more practical poker experience - in other words it helps to have played poker. I also purchased Flopzilla and have been using it in conjunction with the exercises in Ed's eBook and it's been an enlightening piece of software to use. Both Ed's book and Flopzilla highly recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment